Saturday 26 January 2013

Meet The Young Poet, Tunde Oladosu

The day I met poet Tunde was like a yesterday.  It was a day full of divine intervention because the circumstance that surrounded it went beyond my imagination. Since we have been living together like heavenly-coupled twin brothers, I always see him as someone with flaming passion and flair for literary writing but whose moon is still under the tutelage of lurking cloud of time. Besides being in the same department and from the same region, I undoubtedly find him friendly, mature, determined, humble, and cool-headed. He is indeed someone always ready to learn. Having being a literary critic cum writer, his works has always been a stream of muse for me. He is presently the production manager of Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA), OAUIFE students’ wing. His poem ‘SAKI, I AM PROUD OF YOU’ was sent to me for editing. The poem goes thus:


 

                
Let me echo my sonorous voice for you
Saki Ogun o ro kin . . .

Like a pestle to its mortar

Your love dazzles at the beneath of my bosom

I am your memory, Agbede o ro bata
For in my heart I nurse the ecstasy of your fatherly caresses  

Saki my dear homeland
 If ship of life paddles me to unknown sojourns
How will my wayfarer forget his home after the voyages?

Through your glittering eye
I will always free-walk in the dark
I know my Saki
Yes I know
Only those with inner eye
Can value your sacrosanct presence

Never will I finger-point my left hand to you
For I am not a bastard who
Gazes his father with whelming arrogance

Our dance a jo jo
Our ancestral drum a jo lu


He who knows not the herbs
Calls it bush vegetable
Saki
The only mahogany that
Shakes the dense forest



No comments:

Post a Comment